Call us today! 617.956.0956

Boston | metrowest | south shore

Bostonian Legal Group

We are a full service law firm with offices throughout Greater Boston. Call us for your free case evaluation.

Learn More ....

Deferred Action

Deferred action is a discretionary determination on the part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is an act of prosecutorial discretion. The new policy will allow certain foreign-born individuals who entered the United States as children to apply for 2-year work permits, and possibly for extensions. It is not a path to a green card or to U.S. citizenship.

Do you qualify for the Deferred Action program?

Hundreds of thousands of people who entered the United States as children but without documentation can apply for Deferred Action — beginning Wednesday, August 15, 2012 — to remain in and work in the country without fear of deportation for at least two years. Learn if you qualify for the Deferred Action program.

Deferred Action application forms

You are required to submit form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. If you are applying for employment authorization, you must also submit forms I-765 and I-765WS. In order to receive employment authorization, you must demonstrate “an economic necessity for employment”.  Contact our immigration attorneys to begin your application process by completing the appropriate Deferred Action Forms.

Start your Deferred Action Application process now

Our immigration attorneys serve clients throughout the country and in Massachusetts. We have law offices in downtown Boston, as well as in the Boston Metrowest and Boston South Shore. Contact our immigration attorneys now for a consultation and advice on the next steps in the Deferred Action legal process.

Bostonian Legal Group